Swing Resolution 2022 is on and at the same hotel, the Radisson Blue located in the center of Edinburgh! Sorry for the delay, so much apprehension, but we have heard everyone asking, and we are ready to cautiously and safely proceed. Registration will be open on or before October 1, 2021. Thank you all for your patience.
SWING RESOLUTION 2022 UPDATED HEALTH POLICY AND PRICING
As the event directors, we take our responsibilities to everyone’s safety seriously, and this is the only way we feel comfortable to safely run this event at this time.
We understand that these protocols are not for everyone and will be taxing, but we are doing it for everyone’s health and safety which is our first priority. We hope things will change for the following year and these protocols will not be necessary.
The following shall apply to all staff, guests, and event directors.
1. Proof of full COVID-19 Vaccination to be submitted by email to Swing Resolution of a World Health Organization approved vaccine. Please send to email address: firstname.lastname@example.org Without proof by December 5, 2021, the monies will be refunded to allow someone else to register instead.
Caveat: Two members of our staff have medical issues preventing them from being vaccinated, and we are working on further safety measures.
2. All persons entering the U.K. must comply the country’s protocols which are currently a negative PCR test within 72 hours prior to arrival and completion of a passenger locator form, at their own expense. These may change by the time of the event and all are responsible to keep updated of these requirements. We will post updates as well.
3. Laser Temperature test once per day before entering ballroom which must read below 37.8°C /100°F (37°C/98.6°F considered normal). We are concerned about the transmission of the Flu as well in the winter.
4. Lateral flow testing once per day before entering ballroom which must test negative. All persons must pick up the test kit which is free in the U.K at any pharmacy.
5. There will be sanitizer stations throughout ballroom. We highly recommend people bring their own sanitizers and engage in frequent hand washing.
6. Anyone at the event who shows signs or symptoms of illness should stop participating immediately, use a mask, and seek immediate medical attention. Please also notify the event organizers as soon as possible.
7. All attendees understand that there is no way to remove all risk from contracting a contagious airborne illness at an event involving social dancing and assume the risks by participating at this event. All attendees will be mindful to practice safe and hygienic etiquette. Please, do not sneeze or cough except into your bent arm.
8. For those traveling by public transport, it is highly recommended that a mask be worn throughout the journey, and that hands are sanitized frequently.
9. It is also highly recommended that following the event, attendees avoid unmasked contact with unvaccinated persons for at least 10 days, and upon consultation with your local physician.
10. Anyone is free to keep their mask on while social dancing and during competitions. Judges shall be instructed not to give any consideration to a competitor wearing or not wearing a mask.
11. Anyone who engages in conduct that compromises the safety of any other attendee or staff will be asked to leave without refund.
12. Everyone who registers must confirm they understand and agree to adhere to these rules.
13. Event organizers retain the right to make changes to these policies as the event approaches in line with emerging risk mitigation information and evolving local and national guidelines.
14. All attendees are heavily encouraged to purchase refundable or at minimum, exchangeable flights and hotel rooms. If something unexpectedly changes and we must cancel the event, all tickets will be refundable, or can be used for next year, but we are not responsible for any losses of tickets, hotel, or other incidental costs. All attendees are also encouraged to purchase travel insurance which is very reasonably priced.
We will keep abreast of COVID risk mitigation protocols and outcomes at dance events prior to Swing Resolution and post any pertinent information immediately.
EVENT PASSES AND COMPETITION PRICING
This is a smaller and cozier event and as such, we are limiting sales to 125 passes, exclusive of staff and All-Star passes.
Early Bird pricing from October 1, 2021 until November 5, 2021 will be £145.
From November 5, 2021 to December 5, £155.From December 5 to January 5, £165.
Jack and Jills and Strictly's - £10 per person per competition.
Registration deadline for event passes closes after January 5, 2022.
There will not be any day or evening passes sold for the safety of all attending, and because of the smaller size of the event.
All Stars - 5 leads and 5 follows £35 All-star event passes on a first come first serve basis, and adherence to the health policies is required.
REFUND POLICY: Because of the small size of the event and significant costs for staff, we cannot offer refunds, but a person may transfer their pass to anyone who meets the health policy requirements up until week before the event.
In the unlikely scenario that the event is cancelled attendees will be notified as soon as possible and given the option of a full refund or an equivalent pass for the following year.